10 December 2015

O Weird World: Cadejo's fantastic day.

I know reposting things here from my twitter is self-indulgent at best, and horrid levels of tacky at minimum, but today I pulled off a hat-trick in Tweetstorms. the first and third will be compiled into normal text, but the second one loses punch if not presented in its original format.

head below the break for timespace anomalies, cute barkeeps, moments of ecstasy, and the multiverse's most dangerous appetizer.


Part one—In Which Cadejo tries to get lunch:

Practicing a good #writinghabit today. Going into a awful restaurant at an hour that dignity would normally force me to reject.
Why? Because listening to and observing a world completely unlike your own, and stealing everything you can, is how to be a good writer.
Tl;dr having lunch at Applebee's b/c it'll make me write more gooder. #writingtips #godhelpme #lunchinhell
-
This place is filled with ordinary people. It's the most alien experience I've had in a while.
Everything here is EXACTLY average, so middle of the line it's surreal. It's an idyllic, "TV normal" that shouldn't be able to exist.
The girl[original text did not note her as the bartender, which she was] with the gauge earrings, tattoos and choker is the only other real human, but I'm worried about her.
She has this faint expression that she's lost. Why, she thinks, is she wearing the orange button-down shirt of the uniform?
Somewhere behind the rims of her glasses that are almost as thick as mine, some part of her is screaming out in the purest rebellion.
She's only vaguely conscious that she's struggling against a tide pulling her towards the averageness that permeates this place like plague.
Fight it, my punk bartender angel. Fight the virus trying to bleach all the beautiful darkness&joy&soul out of you and make you a setpiece.
This isn't applebee's. I walked through a run in the hosiery of time into somewhere terrifying. This place is death.

At this point, things tripped up and jumped off the rails. it started with a friend pointing me in the direction of...well, just watch.
Part 2-I still can't believe this all happened.






And please keep in mind, this is the VERIFIED twitter of a massive corporation responding to me.









Is...is this real life? Am I hallucinating?











seriously though, props to the social media monkeys working for corporate giants who take the time to indulge me as I make the world around me all the stranger. it...it actually means a lot. really.

which leads us to:

Part 3—O Weird World

Literally crying tears of joy as I'm wheeling the trash can up my driveway. I have no idea where this euphoria comes from but I love it.
It comes from nowhere and it's so fleeting, but for a moment this world, our world, our lives seem perfect in what they are.
It's dull and overcast, but there's this feeling inside of me that takes my breath hostage&stones me in amazement that all this just exists.
I know I'm an incredibly emotional person, but when I get the fleeting moments like this one I wouldn't trade it for anything.
O weird world, hold me just a moment longer, let me show you to every open ear, eye, and mind.


Anyways, I'm obviously doing pretty good today. hope all of you are as well. Stay strange, my dear readers!